1. At the ARC SPORTS HALL, (we've been skating here for 10 years) Caledonian University, Glasgow, G4 0BA. Come and enjoy skating on the easy learn floor. We skate all year round on Sunday mornings from 10:30am to 1pm. We welcome new skaters at all levels of ability on both inline and quad skates. Take lessons, skate on your own, play Rollerhoc, try the Lap Ladder, the choice is yours. Always check the Events page for exact times before travelling.
Arc Sports Hall, Cale Uni.
1. Adult Beginner Courses at the Arc Sports Hall - Autumn 2018
Book any course or drop-in when you have your own equipment.
|2018||Duration||Starts||2nd Week||3rd Week||4th Week|
|September||45 mins||2nd Sept||9th Sept||16th Sept||23rd Sept|
|October||45 mins||7th Oct||14th Oct||21st Oct||28th Oct|
|November||45 mins||4th Nov||11th Nov||18th Nov||25th Nov|
- Beginner Lessons start on Sundays at 10.30am for inline & quad skates.
- A 4-week course costs £40 inclusive of skate, pad hire & admission charge.
- Should you miss a Sunday you can make it up in one of the subsequent weeks.
- Everything included, all you need to bring is a helmet. (Cycle helmet is fine.)
- Pay for 4-week beginner course on the first day or pay online.
- If you prefer to skate around without lessons, a single session costs £7.
Can Skate, don't need lessons, just want to practise or skate for fun. Maybe have a shot at Rollerhoc. Both inline & quad skaters welcome. Got the gear, then just drop-in.
You're welcome too. Good at Freestyle - Tricks - Technique? Fancy Rollerhoc? Come and show us what you can do. No need to book.
Families welcome to the skating sessions. Juniors (preferred age, 6yrs+) skate FREE with a paying adult, otherwise £5 charge applies. Note there are no formal junior learn-to-skate lessons at this session but we will help beginners to get started.
The non-contact form of roller hockey. No hockey experience necessary. We play for fun and fitness. Your skate skills improve with each game. We'll help you get started. Click Rollerhoc.co.uk for all you want to know.
More Skating Fun at the Arc Sports Hall
Try the Lap Ladder challenge. Have your time recorded for 5 laps around the hall (adults), 4 laps (Bantam, 13-16yrs), 3 laps around the hall (Peewee, up to 12yrs). It's not a race or a time trial, it's just fun for any skater that wants to have a go.